Designer / Engineer
Through out the past 17 years, I have worked on various interactive projects that span across multiple platforms. I work closely with teams, big and small, creating branded experiences for various clients. This includes work for DKNY, Nike, Audi and American Express just to name a few.
My areas of focus are in both development and design. For development I focus on user interfaces, motion, graphics, and audio; on the design side my strengths are user experience, interaction design and visual direction.
I am always digging into new technologies and devices, attempting to understand how they can help commnicate a message effectivly to consumers, while also keeping them engaged and provide a frictionless journey through the experience.
09.2014 - NOW
- Work closely with visual teams and engineers on coming up with new experiences for Retail.
- Iterate on prototypes to refine user experience and showcase proof of concepts.
- Create user experiences that span across both physical and online.
- Conceptialize new ways to showcase future technologies.
Creative Tech Lead
09.2012 - 09.2014
- Worked with other UX/UI Designers, coming up with ideas and iterate on mobile management app for AMEX Small Bussiness Mobile Applicaiton.
- Work closely with creative teams to come up with concepts for clients including Coca-Cola, Nike, Levi's, Sony and others.
- Lead all development teams in finding new technologies and building prototypes that fit the needs of our clients.
- Help build workflow tools to help our development process become more fluid.
03.2012 - 08.2012
- Lead Developer for Disney's DailyShot iOS Application for both iPhone and iPad.
- Developed customized video experiences for users based on geo location and a few other details for Glad Black Bags brand.
- Developed collage/sticker based photo application for Zynga Games.
10.2010 - 12.2011
- Lead developer for internal and client based projects.
- Help creative team strategically match campaigns with technlogies/platforms for pitches and projects that included work for Intel, eBay, Dell, Slim Jim, Audi.
10.2009 - 07.2010
- Taught the Introduction to User Experience class. Students learned the basics of user experience problems, how to over come them, and create experiences that are more useful and engaging.
- Taught Introduction to Flash class. Taught students the basics of using Adobe Flash. Students learned skills in animation and interactions.
09.2008 - 05.2010
- Lead development for web sites that included strong motion, video, and social media integration.
- Maintained internal Actionscript library called Mekanik to allow all developers to maintain consistant practices across projects, allowing for faster development.
05.2008 - 09.2008
- Integrated Flash with Ruby backend that allowed cleints to create custom CTA’s for custom built video banners.
- Created universal flash audio player for their music based service.
06.2007 - 01.2008
- Created a Flash based Jersey Creator application allowing users to customize their own jersey, which was entered into a contest to be a playable jersey in the video game NBA Live 09.
05.2008 - 12.2009
- Worked with local artists in creating promotional web site for Goorin Bros. artistic line of hats.
10.2003 - 10.2004
- Helped maintained local intranet web site for students using Java.
- Helped build interactive map to allow students to find buildings around campus easier.
10.2000 - 10.2004
- Created relationships with local bussiness doing graphic design and web site design.